George IV Campaign Apothecary Box

  code:5109
£1,850.00 (FREE UK Delivery)
Item out of Stock  |  Usually dispatched within 24 hours
Add to Bag
This product has been added to your basket...
  • Continue Shopping
  • Checkout

Campaign Apothecary Box


An early 19th century George IV rosewood brass bound campaign apothecary box.

The box is rosewood veneered with brass bindings, key hole escutcheons, military style carrying handles and drawer handle.

The box has a hinged lid that opens to reveal a red velvet lined interior with 16 glass bottles and a glass pill rolling plate all fitted in their compartments.

The drawer has a brass locking pin and inside holds a glass mortar and pestle, balancing scales and weights, 6 bottles in named compartments, two tin pill boxes, a glass measure and three open glass pots.

The drawer is mahogany lined with an ebony top edge, a rosewood veneered front and a military style handle.

Some of the bottles have labels for 'T. Maynard, Chemist Bold Street Liverpool', 'Thomas Thompson 75 Church Street Liverpool', and 'Weldon's Laboratory 97 New Bond Street London'.

This is a very good looking intact apothecary box that could have been used on a naval or merchant ship. (Circa 1830)

Height 23.5cm (9.3 inches)
Width 27cm (10.6 inches)
Depth 19.8cm (7.8 inches)